View Single Post
Old 08-25-2014, 04:51 PM
barkleyandbarnes
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristofle (View Post)
Honestly though, I think the biggest problem here- even with Luke- is Rayna. I've said it before, but Rayna is INCREDIBLY passive in her personal life (it's kind of interesting, because we have three very different approaches in the three ladies- Rayna is very passive, Scarlett is passive-aggressive, and Juliette is very aggressive). She just kind of drifts along and goes with whatever the person around her is suggesting. She is not telling Luke she's not that into him, that he can't replace Deacon. He may suspect it deep down, but that's not coming from anything she tells him. She parrots back what he says every time, and it's easy for me to imagine the same thing happening with Teddy. She lucked out with Liam because he happened to genuinely want no more from her than she could give him, but I can't entirely fault the men for taking at face value what she's saying. I have very little patience for people like Rayna in my own life, is probably part of the problem, lol. If you aren't being honest with me, I'm not going to dig deep under the surface for what your childhood damage is. I will assume you're being honest with me until proven otherwise. I'll do just about anything to help someone or compromise with someone who asks for it, but I won't look for what they're not saying.
This is very on point. I feel the same way about Rayna tbh. While I don't hate Luke, it was always very clear to me that Rayna doesn't love him the same way he loves her. I feel like Rayna wants to love him because he's the seemingly safe/healthy choice but her heart's not in it. She said so herself in 2.12, "I need my heart to catch up with my head" and honestly I don't think it ever did and I feel she's almost afraid to admit it to herself and Luke.