View Single Post
Old 08-24-2014, 01:39 AM
Ken1983
New Fan

Every once in a while my mind wanderes back to when I was 16/17 and found this TV show about someone who was my age. I instantly fell in love with Joey Potter, and I instantly felt that I could relate with Dawson Leery.
I think the very first episode I watched was the one were Dawson and Eve were caught on stage with Joey in the audience. I wuickly understood that this was a show about these two, and how they were bound to end up together.
I saw the first two seasons and I loved it even more. When season 3 came, with everything that went on there towards the end, I didn't mind at all. Pacey was a character I liked. Even with season 4 I endured, because I knew that it would all be ok in the end.

Here in Norway, we were a bit behind with the episodes, so when I read online somewhere that Joey ended up with Pacey, I couldn't believe it. I stopped watching. Pointless, I thought.

A couple years later I watched the episodes I missed, so I have seen everything.

Now I am 31 years old and at times I think about this show that was on my mind so much growing up. I want to watch episodes again and be nostalgic about it - but I just can't. On the one hand I want to forget about the whole thing and pretend it never happened, while on the other hand I want to watch these episodes that managed to "get into my head" when I was a teenager.
Just a simple re-write, something that showed me that these two persons would end up together, would make me watch it over and over again. With the "current" ending, I'm not watching - and that makes me a bit sad, actually.

I've asked this question before, but how do you manage to still love and watch the show. I can't just disregard the things I didn't like. I wished they would have ended it after season 4...