View Single Post
Old 08-15-2014, 12:00 AM
HeartOfTheOcean1912
Master Fan

No, I think some of them too... And I wasn't only referring to Jennifer Lawrence (she's talented and all, but I don't find her THAT inspiring for a reason...) I think there are some actresses who do know how to influence us, draw us to what exactly they feel while we see them on screen and make us want to get inspired by them and change our lives a little bit so that they're a bit similar in the areas we want to have in common with their characters. And not just with their characters, but also with them as people. I had the same opinion as you, that only the actors of the 1940s- 1970s will be the most inspiring ever, but I changed my mind when I got to know more about Kate. And now I see actors/actresses younger than Kate who do give me the same impact, personally. Like Michelle Dockery or Dan Stevens from Downton Abbey (they do play the couple in the series, but they are also very talented as individuals as well). Or- to go back to the whole (and my brother's) obsession with Game of Thrones and (my) obsession with The Tudors- looks like Natalie Dormer is shaping herself up to be a legend as well. Not to mention that she's the ONLY actress that could pull off Elsa's character, were she less busy and a little younger I don't know, maybe it's because she's also from Reading, so there must be something in the water they drink there and all the actors that come from there are that gifted

Laurelle's Titanic Fanfic