View Single Post
Old 02-06-2004, 11:49 AM
Nautica7mk
Dedicated Fan

Gotta love all the Jailbait dialogue... here's a small compilation so far... remember, small, there's a helluva lot more than this.

Ephram Brown

“I might not know everything about you, but I do know some things. I know that you're the only person that makes my little sister thinks it's okay to be a girl. I know how you feel when you sing, because it's how I feel when I play. I know all you really want from this Jay guy is for him to get you, and he never will because the only thing he's interested in getting is himself. And I know all this stuff about me being too young is just you being afraid, because it's easier for you to say that I'm too young than to risk something that's not what you thought you wanted. And most of all, I know that ever since I've kissed you at the DMV, every time that I've seen you I've wanted to kiss you again. And I don’t' know for sure, I'm pretty certain, you have to [kisses her] Yeah, I thought so” – Just Like in the Movies

“Bush has his hands full at the moment, so...” – Unhappy Holidays

“Well, we can’t stay in the bubble forever. I mean, the bubble isn’t even that safe. The bubble could pop. The bubble could burn down. Somebody could rob the bubble.” – Controlling Interests

Madison Kellner

"You want to pretend to fire me again? Might make you feel better" - East Meets West

“In a way – can you just see where I’m coming from – you’re younger than me. No matter how mature you are for your age or how much of an old soul you may be, some maturity just comes in time. Come on, Ephram – you don’t even know me” – Just Like in the Movies

"So, when you said do you want to come over and watch a movie, you meant, do you want to come over and make out" – Family Dynamics

"Ok, what's bugging you, and don't tell me it's the mushoo because no amount unwanted pork should distract you from a possible make-out session, especially when there's no possibility of us getting caught." - Family Dynamics

"You can NOT be okay with it and still support his decision. And if you feel like you can talk to him about it then you should. And if you can't, then talk to me, cause chances are, if you're feeling gloomy, I can -- I could do stuff to cheer you up [Holds his hand]" – Family Dynamics

“That’s an interesting wardrobe choice. Sort of retro, funk, jock, dork!” – Controlling Interests

“I don’t think I can handle looking at you in those shorts and distracting me” – Controlling Interests

Verbal Exchange

Madison: Maybe I should have my own key
Ephram: Yeah, sure. How about your own room, too?
Madison: Well, let's not get ahead of ourselves, skippy

Madison: You got any idea what's going on there?
Ephram: She's a girl. She's moody?
Madison: Well, before we chalk it up to a case of pre-PMS, have you even bothered to ask her what's wrong?
Ephram: You just asked her. She said, "nothing." Works for me.
Madison: Did you guys take a family communication course or does all this touchy-feely stuff just come naturally to you?
Ephram: Delia knows she can talk to me.
Madison: Well, what a convenient answer.
Ephram: You know that job we're paying you to do? Why don't you go do that and leave me alone? Go cook something healthy.

Madison: Has anyone ever told you that you have an old soul?
Ephram: No
Madison: Well, you do. It's an attractive quality to you. Sometimes makes me forget that you'er only 16
Ephram: Really?
Madison: Definitely. Then, you act like a spoiler, immature, annoying dolt. And what do you know? You're 16 all over again.

Ephram: You can go now. I will take care of my sister as I have been doing for years amazingly enough without your help. You can stop worrying about the fall of the Brown household, because you're fired.
Madison: I don't think you want to do this.
Ephram: Yeah, it's breakin' my heart. Hey, don't forget your jacket.
Madison: Your dad hired me, Ephram.
Ephram: And it's not the first time I've had to correct one of his mistakes. Also, you might not want to use us as a reference.

Madison: I feel like we have sufficiently explored every positive attribute about Eleanor Roosevelt. Frankly, I think she's out.
Delia: Yeah, I guess so.
Ephram: [Interrupting] That's a bold move, if you asked me?
Madison: [Annoyed] We didn't asked you.
Delia: [To Ephram] Why, you like her?
Ephram: Well, she was one of the most impressive first ladies. She took care of her sick husband, raised kids, and still had time to dedicate to human rights.
Madison: Well you're not pumping up some glorified house wife, if we're going political; I'm way more into Margaret Sanger.
Ephram: Oh, you got to be kidding me
Madison: I bet you don’t even know who she is
Delia: I don't know who she is
Ephram: My little sister is not gonna get up in front of her entire 4th grade class and start talking about birth control, ok?
Madison: Have you ever considered that maybe your little sister isn't as shallow as you are
Delia: I still like Mandy more the best
Ephram & Madison: NO!

Ephram: What? What's with this little head-nod thing?
Madison: Man, are you dense?

Madison: Welcome to the world of complex emotions, Ephram Brown. How does it feel?
Ephram: I'm tired

Ephram: But there is someone else?
Madison: You know, I didn't think so at first because when Jay said it, I just, I told him he was crazy. Me and this other guy, we're just friends. But then I realized that, I get excited every time I know I'm going to see this particular friend. My stomach, gets a little fluttery when he walks in the room. I don't know when that changed exactly. It might have been the first time I saw him play his music. Or maybe it was when he told me how he felt about me. Nobody's ever talked to me like that before. All of a sudden it was like he was ten years older instead of four years younger. The clincher was when he kissed me. At that moment, I don't know, I just came undone (voice breaks slightly).
Ephram: Well, your taste in guys leaves something to be desired. But if this is what your gut's telling you what to do I think you ought to go for it.

Ephram: "Can't" is because of my dad. "Don't" is because of you. Can't or don't? Just tell me.
Madison: Don't.

Ephram: As my friend, how would you feel about me dating Madison?
Madison: I think she’s a pretty cool chick

Madison: You wanna fight about this again or do you want to see the movie?
Ephram: A little bit of both

Ephram: How much time do we spend together?
Madison: A lot
Ephram: Ok, how much fun is it?
Madison: A lot
Ephram: Good answer

Ephram: I want to shout your name from the rooftops
Madison: Please don't
Ephram: Don't worry; buildings are much shorter in a mountain town. It’s much more dramatic in New York.

~~~~~~~~

The scene in "Just Like in the Movies" where Ephram is rearranging her music has me at a complete loss... someone help.

Nadia