View Single Post
Old 08-10-2014, 01:51 AM
CityGal
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox24 (View Post)
I just finished watching it. I liked that they developed Frank/Claire to illustrate the conflict. I haven't read the books were Frank/Claire the same way in the books?
No.

Same as the novel, they are on the trip to Scotland, but Frank and Claire weren't given any depth in the novel just mentions of him as Claire narrates her experiences. The series did a better job showing that there is a love between them, a bit strained, but Frank does love her and she him.

By showing a love for Frank makes her desperation to return to her timeline more believable. She's willing to take risks and schemes to find a way back to 1945 because we believe she indeed has something worthwhile to return to. Someone worthy. It makes Claire's struggles and conflicts that much more realistic and emotional.

For Claire having someone who truly loves her and she knows it, sets a high standard level f expectation. She would never accept anyone who treated her any less.

So by Ron Moore taking the time to expand and develop the Claire/Frank marriage. It makes the eventual Jamie/Claire story - epic! It has to be because Claire wouldn't settle for anything less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonsgurl310 (View Post)
Happy Outlander premiere!! Best.day.ever.
Agreed!

Last edited by CityGal; 08-10-2014 at 02:04 PM