View Single Post
Old 08-06-2014, 04:51 PM
wistfuldreamer
Elite Fan

I wasn't being sarcastic, I do like your writing.

Stirling, it has been too long.

---

Quote:
Part 1

“How so?” Mary enquired, but Sebastian had no response that would suffice her requirements.

“God created me an outdoors man,” he smirked, “Though air fills my lungs inside, it’s quite different being free.”

Mary knew he was adequately accurate, you could get the same rations outside as you could indoors, but not freedom. Freedom was something of a luxury to her and a way of life for him. His passing by had not been happen chance and she knew deep in the pit of her stomach, that her desire for the grounds was not in aid of fresh air. However, air was something she currently felt short of in his presence.

Whilst Mary was preoccupied with her own thoughts, Bash studied her countenance. The way her dark tresses tangled in the summer breeze, struggling to escape the structure of the beaded headpiece she wore. Deep in the darkness of night, he dreamed of weaving those strands through his fingers, to kiss each snarl of hair, to feel their silk beneath his lips. In the dim light of morning, he woke up with an ache in his heart that he could not distinguish or even name. To desire his brother's intended was surely a sin, but to stop it would be like preventing the sun from rising. Bash shook away the images, it was one thing to desire her in the privacy of his cottage, but to fancy her in her presence was quite another.

Mary felt the heat of his gaze as she gathered her wits once again. She met his eyes, burned by their intensity. Her stomach fluttered so she pressed her hand over it to ease the feeling, "Yes, I would imagine so."

Mary's eyes fluttered around the land ahead, there was a small pond that could be mistaken for a puddle. Beside it stood Stirling, bold and bright. She approached the pond, horror struck. It was full of weeds and the water had green moss tainting it's surface. She turned her gaze to Stirling and found that his paws were sodden with mud.

"Oh Stirling," she gasped.
At the sound of her voice, Stirling bounded toward her, knocking her to the ground in his excitement. "Stirling!" She shrieked and he licked her face, "Oh stop!" She was overcome with fits of laugher as the big dog continued to lick her face.

Bash did not know whether to pry the dog off her or laugh. Mary did not seem distressed so he chose the latter. "It seems your dog does not know that he's no longer a puppy."

Nic | avi by crisbr