View Single Post
Old 08-05-2014, 04:42 AM
LadyMaia
Part-Time Fan

I can't imagine any of the cast being so horrible to poke fun at you for your language abilities. They are all far too nice and understanding. I can understand your nerves though! So happy for you that Bridget was so lovely and friendly.

Yeah you should definitely be proud of being bi-lingual. It's such a talent. I think my problem is that I have such an inflexible British accent and it just refuses to bend and flow to new languages so when I try speaking, I just sound like an idiot. My mother is from the Philippines and I grew up hearing her speak her dialect so when I listen, I can understand it but when I tried to speak it, my cousins laughed at me for about 45 mins I took French for five years in school but I was pretty useless at that. I really would like to learn Italian because it sounds like such a musical language. I have tried self-teaching it but I'm not that good.

Ria - why Latin? I'm curious I only know very little Latin - one hymn from church and legal jargon from my course!