View Single Post
Old 01-27-2003, 01:43 AM
Fraz
Master Fan

Mike Erwin
He's the only thing standing between Ephram and Amy. Mike Erwin was born in Texas, but now he's headed to the hills of Utah to film Everwood. Here's what the until-recently comatose character has to say for himself.

Everyone Starts Somewhere: I actually got third place in a talent competition in sixth grade for doing a Milli Vanilli lip sync. We dyed mops, put bandanas around our heads and had a little skit where we're changing and a doing different number. We pretty much made fun of Milli Vanilli for lip synching while we were lip synching.

It's a Good Thing He Got an Acting Job: In college I worked at Old Navy. I always got in trouble 'cause I used to play on the headsets. The manager would be like, "Mike, can we see you at the front." I'd say, "I'm sorry, Mike's not here right now. He's at the dentist." And he'd scream, "Get up here now!"

I have a Bachelor of Fine Arts with an emphasis in actingI have no fallback, pretty much I succeed or I become homeless. And I wasn't going to take the homeless route.

Bonding With His Castmates: The first day I came into town I got a call from Chris Pratt, who plays Bright, and he was like, "Hey Mike, I know you have no idea who I am, but we're supposed to be best friends on the show and I want to come hang out with you." The funny thing was that after that first day, he and I hung out everyday. He's a really great guy. Then I hung out with Emily VanCamp and Gregory Smith, and they're great. I actually hung out with John Beasley and that was cool. You see him on the show and you're like, "That guy looks so nice." And he is! You want to give him a hug. It's been really funI got lucky.

What He Looks For In a Girl: I look for honesty, a great personality and level-headednessbeing grounded. Someone who likes to have fun, but knows when to stop. They have to be attractive, but I have to get along with them. I'm actually a pretty hard person to get along with. I'm pretty picky and demanding, so if I can find someone to hang around me for more than six months, that's a pretty good person.

On Astrological Influences: I actually like to read about the stars. In my room I've actually mapped out precisely the summer sky with the constellationsI'm an actor and I have a lot of time on my handsI have a bunch of star maps and stuff like that and I have pretty much all the signs up in my room. I'm a Virgo; I think that Virgos are supposed to be very well organized. I'm pretty much unorganized, sporadic, spontaneous and messy.