View Single Post
Old 07-31-2014, 09:34 AM
Xhin
Part-Time Fan

Keep in mind that season 14 will still continue with the same school year. Which means, it's more than likely it will start with the students coming back to start their final term, after the week long break they've had. (As it's happened before.)

That being said, in Degrassi timeline, Triles will still be very hot and fresh. By fall, most fans will have had time to take it in and adjust, but Miles' and Tristans' kiss being only a week fresh at the start of the new season will prove interesting. I really hope the first half focus' on Miles coming to terms with himself. By the way he handled it with Chewy, I'm really hoping that means they're going for another route asides being a secret and scared like they did with Riley. Tristan has been out and proud from the start, and Miles seems like the type that truly doesn't care what about people think so it would work. I'm not even asking for a coming out storyline, it would be nice just for it to fall naturally and if they decide to date people just will go "ok...?" And soon forget it and go about their own lives.

Which brings me to my next desire: Tristan and Maya to recoil. Yes, Tristan now knows what a creep Yates really was, but now potentially with Miles, I can most certainly see Tristan being vandictive towards Maya with it, who is still in love with Miles herself. That would just be another boring love triangle that we don't need or want.

Speaking of which, it would be quite interesting for Yates to have been cleared and return teaching and still interested in Tristan and have Tris still falll for his manipulations and maybe even contract some form of STD? Though I also don't want anything to mess with how great Triles could be...

I want hardly any focus to be on ZAYA. I'm sure I'm not alone when I say when the idea of Zaya was first formed we were all routing, but they are so dragged out and washed up at this point that I have lost any interest and would much rather Maya remain single to be able to focus on herself while Zig moving on with Zoe.

It would also be nice for Cam to actually get mentioned by name while also filling in other characters like Miles and Zoe about what exactly happened.

Like Clare becoming the new Emma, and Maya the new Clare, I wouldn't be apposed to Frankie (Miles's sister) becoming the new main girl in prep for when Maya's class graduates.

Lastly, it's the final season of some beloved characters, so the spotlight should really be on them. I wanna see more of Jenna, Ali, and the others before they go, but Clare and Drew are going to steal the spotlight with their own plots as usual and the next we'll see Jenna and the rest will be in graduation caps.

Overall, It would just be nice to have a season that focused on actual teen issues and not just teen relationships and related drama. Season 12 was fantastic with that. Maya being insecure about her boobs, Cam's depression (before any sort of a relationship was involed.) etc. Season 13 sadly dropped that to once again focus all on relationships. Even something like Clares cancer or Adam dying still was related or somehow had their relationships involed. Degrassi tends to follow an every other season of greatness theme. S10 was amazing (Remember Boiling Point?) and a great direction for the new generation, S11 was just complete crap that was all about relationships, S12 was very refreshing and showed Degrassi still had it if they tried, but S13 slightly fell short in that department. Another example would be the view episodes that focused on Miles' home life. While brillant, they still decided to take the relationship route with it all and have an Matlinsworth fest. I really hope S14 improves!

Last edited by Xhin; 07-31-2014 at 10:36 AM
Xhin is offline   Reply With Quote