View Single Post
Old 07-30-2014, 09:28 AM
JustAFriend
Dedicated Fan

I don't think any of this is spoilery, just us sharing thoughts about what we hope could happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccullers (View Post)

But don't forget how Emily/Paige were super awkward friends in 305 and then in 308, Paige's next episode, they were kissing and reuniting (and JD wrote that episode and he also wrote 511). And really Paily have had more build-up to reuniting in S5a so far than S3a. It's not like Emily ever stopped loving Paige, she was just mad that Paige broke her trust (understandable). Now Paige has proven that she'll do anything to protect Emily, even if that means indirectly protecting Alison. If that hasn't won back Emily's trust, I don't know what will.

Exactly. Also, they're already interacting as friends. They have no reason to simply re-establish a friendship first because they're already in that place and have been since 503. I think if we hadn't have been given that seen in 507, with Emily showing great concern for Paige all episode and then the phone call, it would seem like there was no build up, but that clearly laid the groundwork for what could come in JD's episode. Emily still cares for and loves Paige, that didn't just go away because of the trust issues which Paige has more than made up for (I feel anyway).

I keep thinking back to this quote from JD in "The Week it Rained"

Quote:
This was not like kissing Alison. Whatever it was to kiss Alison, this was another matter altogether. This was about Paige and Emily. This was about certainty.
Paige will always put Emily first. Emily will never have to question Paige's feelings or intentions or integrity and she will never have to question the love she feels for Paige. I hope this will all click into place in the next couple of episodes.