View Single Post
Old 07-29-2014, 06:38 AM
Lucresiare
Master Fan

It was a good episode, full of drama. Of course, I was disappointed by the fight between Bay and Emmett and annoyed that she choose to talk to Tank rather than Emmett but I didn't get bored a single minute in this episode (it isn't always the case).

I am happy we had scenes with Melody and deafness was one of the themes of this episode. The reason I watched SAB is because of the deaf community. I expected that Travis would go to College. Actually, I thought he would be the only one. Hopefully, he gets a place last minute if Daphne doesn't go.

I find Daphne out of character. I can't believe she really went so far as sabotaging her mother. I have the feeling she's not only angry about Angelo's death, but also about the fact Regina didn't reveal the switch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollibear (View Post)

In fact, Tank was SO good (standing up to his dad, defending Bay's honor, being the shoulder to cry on over her health problems, offering his platonic friendship and GOOD advice) that it almost seemed out of character for the drunk, frat boy. But okay, I'll go with it.
I don't go with it. He was totally out of character, as you say. It looks like writers are going to make him the new Emmett, someone who she could bond with and talk to. He wasn't at all like that before.

Quote:
Whether Bay and Tank are friends for the rest of their lives or not, Bay chose to emotionally betray Emmett tonight.

Which that's fine, too. Bay is young, and she doesn't owe Emmett that level of intimacy yet. I just wish that the show wouldn't give Bay & Emmett fans lines like, "You'll always have me," if Bay doesn't really mean it. But I suppose that is real life, too.

Based on what we saw tonight, Bay and Emmett are not that close.
What make you think that she betrayed him ? It is not such a big deal that she went to that dinner. They may get over that (if the writers want to). It's not like they broke up, they are still a couple. Drama make shows more interesting, otherwise
I think she really meant that he'll always have her and it is still the case. At least, I hope. They aren't very close at the moment, but actually they are quite close (in general) compared to many teenagers. It is what make me believe they'll be together for long. Even if they break up, I can imagine them finding each other again in 5 or even 10 years, when they are more mature, and be a couple again.

Quote:
I'm thrilled Bay/Tank are friends again. Given the circumstances, Emmett can't really demand that she stop being Tank's friend. I mean, she and Emmett were friends after their breakup. If he said that he had a problem with it ... eh, it would seem hypocritical, that's all. It would be OOC for Emmett to pass that judgement. He might feel awkward about it, but it's not for him to tell her which friends she can have.
Actually, it wouldn't be hypocritical, it would be very sincere. Hypocrisy would be to pretend he doesn't care and is ok with that.

Last edited by Lucresiare; 07-29-2014 at 06:50 AM