View Single Post
Old 07-28-2014, 09:53 PM
ollibear
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes&FredFan (View Post)
I'm thrilled Bay/Tank are friends again.
Actually, the way that Tank forgave Bay for what she did to him is what I expected Bay to do for Emmett two years ago. Sure, you get upset (as Tank did), you blow off a little steam (as Tank did, too), but then you realize that people are more important than holding a grudge. It was nice to see Tank reach that place so quickly!

I'm proud of Tank. He showed himself to be the better person in the end.

In fact, Tank was SO good (standing up to his dad, defending Bay's honor, being the shoulder to cry on over her health problems, offering his platonic friendship and GOOD advice) that it almost seemed out of character for the drunk, frat boy. But okay, I'll go with it. Perhaps he has two sides. He HAS shown us both from the very beginning, so it's possible.

Kudos to Tank. He may just be Mr. Right, after all.

And here Bay was telling John just a few episodes ago that she did not think Tank would ever forgive her. Worrying about that was a waste of her time, because it is obvious that he has and that they have moved beyond it into a meaningful friendship.

Quote:
Given the circumstances, Emmett can't really demand that she stop being Tank's friend. I mean, she and Emmett were friends after their breakup. If he said that he had a problem with it ... eh, it would seem hypocritical, that's all. It would be OOC for Emmett to pass that judgement. He might feel awkward about it, but it's not for him to tell her which friends she can have.
Ah, being a hypocrite is no big deal. Most people are at some point in their lives.

But it really doesn't matter whether Emmett tells Bay to NOT be Tank's friend. (And I suspect he won't ask that.) The damage is already done to Bay & Emmett's relationship.

Whether Bay and Tank are friends for the rest of their lives or not, Bay chose to emotionally betray Emmett tonight.

Which that's fine, too. Bay is young, and she doesn't owe Emmett that level of intimacy yet. I just wish that the show wouldn't give Bay & Emmett fans lines like, "You'll always have me," if Bay doesn't really mean it. But I suppose that is real life, too.

Based on what we saw tonight, Bay and Emmett are not that close.

Emmett got into Gallaudet. He should go and enjoy it. He cheated himself out of two good years of his life, because he was lovesick over Bay. And this will give the writers a solid opportunity to write Sean Berdy off the show in a believable way, while still leaving a door open to the possibility of visits from Emmett.

Once Emmett is out of the way, then Bay can explore who she is and what she wants, too. I would enjoy Bay's story more without worrying about whether or not she may have a scene with Emmett. Bay's not that attached to Emmett.

I would like to see Bay with someone she DOES depend on. She's 18. It's time Bay stopped calling on her mom, dad, and Toby, and started building relationships with adult friends. Bay didn't turn to her boyfriend Noah when she was worried about Regina's drinking. Bay didn't turn to her boyfriend Ty, when her father had a heart attack, and Bay isn't turning to her boyfriend Emmett, now that she is rejected from Pratt and has a medical condition.

I want to see Bay find a relationship where she is NOT scared to open up to her partner. That's intimacy.

As long as Emmett is on the show, I cannot enjoy Bay's romantic relationships with other men. I would like to enjoy them for a change.