View Single Post
Old 07-18-2014, 01:43 PM
WeBuiltThePyramids
Fan Forum Hero

Did you like the resolution of the Red John storyline? Um...I'm upset about the CBI. I don't hate the new setup but I can't say I like it either. Okay fine I do hate that the CBI is gone.
Did you like/guess the identity of Red John? I thought he was the least likely to be Red John. I like it because it shows that Red John was just a man - not even an overly prominent man, just a man. I dislike it because I wanted to be able to watch all the episodes with Red John in them after the arc concluded and prior to S6 that's...one episode. Also, I was kinda really invested in it potentially being Bertram because of how the team was always looking for Red John, for Red John, for Red John. The ONE TIME they were instead looking for Red John's friend, they had Bertram, then realized O'Laughlin was the friend and they let Bertram go, even had Jane yelling WALK AWAY! WALK AWAY! to him, and I thought it would have been awesome for them to have had and then missed Red John because that one time they were looking too hard for an accomplice.
Did you like the reboot of the show? Do you like the FBI and the new FBI agents? The reboot could certainly have been worse. I like the new agents - but Abbott will always be the guy who shut down the CBI. And I still feel like we don't know anything about Fischer, but at the same time I don't want a whole lot of info on her because that means we're taking time away from Jane, Lisbon, and Cho, and I'm sorry, we will never have the background info on the new people that we do on the old because we will always have five years of show without them in it. And unlike sitcoms, where personal lives are central to most storylines, this is a procedural crime drama and I doubt Fischer or Abbott will get arcs that will teach us so much about them like we've had with the other characters. That said, I adore Wylie and there needs to be much more of him.
How do you think Jane has changed (if at all)? Honestly, until he came around in the finale to his feelings for Lisbon I didn't see much change. It felt like the regular, pre reboot episodes that didn't have a Red John focus.
Did you like that Jane/Lisbon went for a romantic relationship? Yes
What do you expect from the 7th season (most likely the show's last)? I don't know...Heller's given the "this will be what the fans want" description of the season but I'm not sure what the fans want specifically (at least outside of a Jane/Lisbon wishlist and this is a season, not a fanfic, so there has to be other things going on) and what Bruno then thinks the fans want.

WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote