View Single Post
Old 07-04-2014, 02:07 PM
Pandorama
Extreme Fan

Maybe we're not watching the same show. I didn't take Luka's behavior in s7 as an indication that he thought Maggie was a burden. I saw it as another layer on the cake of them not knowing how to communicate with each other and both of them being afraid to try. As for season 13 - what?? Where are you getting that? Abby was a lot more resistant to Maggie's support than Luka was. I always assumed Luka had been the one to call her (granted, I don't think he invited her to Chicago, but that's Maggie.)

WRT Carter, maybe inconvenience was the wrong word. It was more like he viewed them as Abby's burden that he could save her from, but his behavior at the end of the season demonstrated that he was only willing to help so long as it was on his terms. I get that he was sad, I get that losing a grandparent is hard, but Carter seemed to think he deserved Abby more than Eric did. Like he thought he deserved Abby more than Luka did. To quote Princess Jasmine:

(Wow, I just realized I could do a whole metaphor on this love triangle and Aladdin. I won't, though.)

Let's talk about how much we hate Kem now so that we can agree on something.