View Single Post
Old 07-04-2014, 11:24 AM
Bunny_Witty
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYtana (View Post)
Carter certainly made Abby feel guilty for going to get her brother with that comment of my Grandma will still be dead when you get back. Yes she will Carter, and if Abby doesn't go get Eric now, he could take off again and the next phone call she gets will be that Eric is dead. As for Luka seeing Maggie as an inconvenience is season 7, Maggie was out of control and Luka could see how much it was hurting Abby to see her like that. His approach was not the best but Maggie was hurting some he cared about and he found it hard to be nice to her. Carter, being a supportive friend dealt with Maggie and Abby a lot better in S7.
As for Maggie's return with Joe, Luka was really trying to do the tightrope walk with Maggie and Abby, trying not to offend either while they go through a highly stressful situation.
I agree with this. That comment Carter made about his grandmother still being dead when Abby gets back was kinda babyish but at the same time, it was understandable. He was upset at the time about his grandmother's death and I think he felt guilty because he knew she called days before and he didn't answer. I felt that he depended on Abby for his happiness and comfort. The timing was just bad with his grandmother's death and girlfriend's brother missing then returning off his meds but bad timing happens. At least Abby did make up for it by going to Gamma's funeral. Carter needed to understand that he's not the only one under a lot of stress. Abby had things on her plate to worry about too. It was mentioned earlier but both were just unhappy as individuals and I think that's what broke them up in a way.

I think Carter dealt with Abby much better in S7 because they weren't dating. Look at S9. Abby was dealing with Abby (and Eric) again and when Carter wanted to know what's going on in "Next of Kin" when they were on the stairs, Abby didn't want to talk about it and Carter looked frustrated. He wasn't really excited at Doc Magoo's, either when Abby told him what happened at the treatment center and Carter was frustrated with how unhappy this seemed to be making Abby, pretty much like Luka was in S7. Luka was just more involved with Abby in S7.