View Single Post
Old 07-04-2014, 09:16 AM
alwaysbeenyou
Total Fan

I'm not sure we are even watching the same show at this point? I don't really understand where you get that Carter thought of Abby's family as an inconvience. Literally the ONLY time it's an issue is in at the end of season 9. I do think he has a saviour complex. So I'm not gonna argue with that one. But by the end of season 9, he realised the only person who can "fix" Abby is Abby. Obviously Abby will always have her issues but she realised this too as she immediately goes back to med school, stops drinking and has a more positive demeanour from season 10 onwards. At least Carter managed to have some kind of relationship with Maggie and Eric. Luka was the one who acted as though Abby's family was an inconvience in season 7 and even in season 13 when Maggie reappeared.

Blood vs Water. If Carter hadn't constantly been there for Abby during every issue that arose, I would agree with you. But Carter had lost the one stable family member in the world, regardless of if she had a long happy life, he was still devastated. I am close to my Gran, if I lost her I would be grief stricken too. Carter had every right to feel abandoned. He's hardly being a baby.