View Single Post
Old 07-03-2014, 09:58 AM
alwaysbeenyou
Total Fan

I meant he was in love with Abby from seasons 7, 8 and 9. Sorry, I'm on my phone so I might be unclear.

I think that the line "they weren't really happy when they were together" isn't exactly true. I've rewatched season 9 three times in the past year and for the first half of it (up until Carter's epic fail of a proposal) they are happy. They obviously have their problems, Abby is drinking and Carter is being Carter about it. But they aren't unhappy together at all. I think it is all things they could have overcome. People also always say "Carter wanted to fix her". I don't think that's exactly true either. He wanted Abby to fight her demons and escape the cycle of doom she was in. I'm not going to argue about the fact that he should have stayed if he loved her. I agree with you. But everyone acts as though the proposal failure is the reason they broke up. They actually broke up because Abby put her family above Carter's emotional needs, not once but twice. Things obviously weren't peachy at the end of season 9 but it wasn't anything they couldn't have come back from. And they WERE good the majority of season 9.

Last edited by alwaysbeenyou; 07-03-2014 at 10:10 AM