View Single Post
Old 06-25-2014, 09:12 PM
Slayerfan714
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollibear
Everyone I have seen on this thread indicates that we all believe Tank's response to Bay's cheating was mature and well within reason. No one has accused Tank of emotional manipulation in his response to Bay's cheating.
Yes.

I just wanted to reiterate this fact. I'm fine with Tank telling Bay what he told her on campus.

What bothered me was the fraternity remark. That's all that bothered me. It just rubbed me the wrong way. Do people lash out when they are dumped? Absolutely. Does it make it okay? No.

To me the way it came across was "You should be so grateful that I left my fraternity for you and you breaking up with me is not being grateful. I expect gratitude."

And maybe that's on me that I am reading the scene that way, but that's what it says to me. Maybe it was Max's interpretation of the script and how he chose to play it.

I just know, for me, in Bay's position (again not even about the cheating) I would be really upset that someone was making me feel bad for breaking up with them by bringing up a situation I had no part in.