View Single Post
Old 06-24-2014, 01:43 PM
Scarlet's Walk
Master Fan

Quote:
4 times?? Wow, I've seen it last week.. it was pretty awesome!!!
Glad you liked it I gotta confess, the first time I watched it I was a liiiittle underwhelmed because I was kinda expecting something different But after the second time I ended up loving it...The story is something unexpected and ofc Angelina is the greatest part of everything. She slayed me every time

I'm so glad critics all around agree she's basically magnificent and the best part of the movie Here are some quotes I gathered from the Rotten Tomatoes site:

Quote:
Any weaknesses melt in the wake of Jolie's excellent work as the title figure.
Quote:
Sensational Jolie creates the character's evolving emotions purely with her face.
Quote:
As Maleficent's movie, the movie works. However, if Angelina Jolie is not there to carry the scene, it's a chore to watch.
Quote:
Angelina Jolie is captivating, funny, grounded yet appropriately theatrical, and entirely appealing as the dark and misunderstood fairy.
Quote:
For all the pixie dust and dragon fire in Maleficent, the most special effect throughout is Angelina Jolie, radiating imperious authority over a disorderly movie.
Quote:
The piercing blue eyes and pouting red lips of the stunning Angelina Jolie make a perfect "Maleficent."
Quote:

The real enchantment here is not the story but the star.
Quote:
The reason to see the movie is Jolie, clearly having a blast and giving a performance filled with heart, wit, and spirit.
Quote:

This is Jolie's film because of the Maleficent she makes. Everyone else, even Aurora, fades in her presence.
Quote:
...the film rides on the strength of Angelina Jolie's performance and she is, in a word, magnificent.
Quote:

Angelina Jolie's interpretation of the title character, which transforms the animated icon into a complex, fully realized woman, provides emotional depth and breadth.
Quote:
It's all about Angelina Jolie, in a performance of silky restraint.
Quote:
Jolie displays an incredible propensity for being beautiful and menacing at the same time.
Quote:
Jolie draws upon that deep emotional well to portray the agony, heartbreak and anger, that transforms this pure young fairy with the horns and mighty wings into a violated, vengeful villain clad in a leather outfit that's as black as her heart.
Quote:
In a movie crammed with special effects, Jolie is the most startling and wondrous of all.
Quote:
Angelina Jolie is so wickedly enchanting in the magical, magnificent "Maleficent," you may not notice how transporting this female-driven blockbuster really is.
Quote:
Jolie's commanding on-screen presence exudes the sort of effortless dominance and wrath-spitting fury required from a fairy scorned.
Quote:
Credit Angelina Jolie for adding glamour and intensity to a project that often threatens to derail
Quote:
Jolie is fantastic, menacing at one moment and adding prankster-ish levity in the next,
Quote:
There's really only one special effect in "Maleficent" worth mentioning, and that is Angelina Jolie.
Quote:
Jolie's at her best when she's curling her claws and elongating her vowels like a black-sabbath Tallulah Bankhead.
Everybody, bow down lol