View Single Post
Old 06-23-2014, 05:34 AM
Seamstress90
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet Faust (View Post)
Y'know, um, the dress Emilie is wearing today would have made a good nontraditional wedding dress.

Just saying.

As far as Belle asking Rumple not to kill Z--it's one of those things that to me are so far out of character that I have trouble even talking about it (Rumple's dagger lie is another). Yes, Belle has asked Rumple not to give in to his hate before--but the very FIRST thing she says to him, seeing him sane and out of a cage for the first time in a year, knowing that his son was just murdered? It's mind-boggling. When Belle regained her memories after being Lacey, the first thing she said to Rumple was that he'd lost his son and she was sorry. Belle's first thought on seeing him would have been to make sure he was okay--and then they would have talked about things, and he'd have revealed how very NOT okay he was, and maybe she would have tried to talk him out of killing Zelena THEN, but this way was just ridiculous.

The only way I can reconcile it in my head (and I've probably said this before), is if Regina gave Belle the dagger conditionally. Regina had been intending on keeping it, but Belle convinced her that it would be wrong to enslave Rumple any further. And so Regina turned it over, but with a warning, like, "Here's the leash, take your Dark One for a walk, but you'd better keep him out of my petunias."
Yeah, this bothered me too. I was really expecting Belle to make sure her TL is okay and offer him condolences because that's a natural thing to do when your loved one goes through something terrible, but nope.. One could almost think she was more concerned about Zelena than Rumple. (Yes, I know she wasn't, and that she asked him not go after zelena for his own sake.. but still.). Imo it was also odd that she gave the dagger back to Rumple, even though he didn't promise not go after Z. I mean, it's great that she trusts him, but I think she trusts him a bit too much. He is still the Dark One, after all..

I've decided it's either the writing or Belle's tendency to avoid unpleasant topics and negativity (unless she is forced to face them) and focus on the the brighter side of things. It's not nececessarily a bad thing (I do it quite a lot myself ) and I think that's how she survived those years of captivity and isolation. But that attitude doesn't necessarily work when dealing with Rumple, who seems to be the eternal pessimist.