View Single Post
Old 06-18-2014, 02:43 PM
~tammy~
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravengirl008 (View Post)
I just really did not like a lot of season four and the way they handled it either. I just wanted to see so much more from Ryan you know like grieving. I guess I just get annoyed too that so many people seem to think that they were not right for each other especially when they always have Summer or Seth saying those two were terrible for each other.

I always felt they would have ended up together eventually as well and I hate that they killed her off. There was no doubt that Mariisa loved Ryan I guess I keep repeating myself but I just would have loved to see more of that confirmation from Ryan but I guess that is just his personality and he does not really show a lot of emotion.
Basically agree with everything you've said here. It's true there is dysfunction in their relationship but at the same time their love for each other is immense. I read a fic once which had a line that said something to the effect of, their love was so big neither knew what to do with it. I thought that summed them up pretty well because you had two messed kids, madly in love with each other, repeatedly placed in impossible predicaments. Ultimately, I think their relationship could have gone either way, they fail or they succeed. But I've always preferred the idea that they both overcome their individual problems and eventually find themselves in a position where they can make it work.

RE: Ryan/Theresa, I don't think it was love. Maybe a platonic kind of love but Marissa was definitely imo his first love in a romantic sense. I think that's how it comes across in 1.14, if Ryan had already been in love before, I don't think he would be as unnerved as he was in that episode.

And the whole baby issue is kind of a mess. They hinted pretty strongly it was Ryan's and then revealed it wasn't in season 3, pretty obviously for the sake of convenience. Tbh it is just easier to think that the baby was not Ryan's.