View Single Post
Old 06-07-2014, 03:29 AM
miranstarr
Fan Forum Star

Ya know, I made a similar comment back in May on a different forum.

Quote:
Don't you know that Steve is only allowed one best friend, just like he is only allowed to love one female? Peggy's allowed to move on and have a family and friends, but Steve must stay mopey and in love with Peggy for the rest of his life according to the fandom. The movie was never clear with how far along the relationship went, but judging by Steve's reaction to her, not very far at all.

People have shipped Peggy with Howard and Gabe Jones, have headcanons about Tony being her son, have shipped Steve/Howard and Steve/Tony at the same time, but any mention of Sharon and the MCU fans lose their goddamn minds. "Omg, ewwwww. That's incest!!! Gross!!" I keep seeing people mention the incest angle on her Tumblr tag. In the first place, it's not incest since Steve and Sharon are not related. Having feelings for two related ladies you are not related to is also not incest. Second of all, the hypocrisy of it all really gets my goat. Don't rant and rave about how disgusting it is for Steve and Sharon to commit "incest" because gross Sharon and Peggy are related to each other and then turn around and ship the hell out of Sam and Dean Winchester or Lucrezia and Cesare Borgia. Just don't.

Last edited by miranstarr; 06-08-2014 at 03:06 AM