View Single Post
Old 06-03-2014, 08:31 PM
ndonri
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilo2207 (View Post)
The FedCon has been in Düsseldorf for the last couple of years and I suppose they'll stay there fo the next time.
For me it was also only the second Con I've ever been to (first one was the Destination Star Trek in Frankfurt), I don't hink there are that many regular SciFi Cons around here...

At these two Cons I've seen quite a lot of ST actors and I've bought four photos with some of them, but I wouldn't really say I've actually "met" them.

Talked to Nichelle Nichols for maybe 20 seconds, told Alexander Siddig that I loved him on "Spooks", thanked Tim Russ and Brent Spiner for being there...

But of the main casts I've seen: William Shatner, Nichelle Nichols, Brent Spiner, Marina Sirtis, Gates McFadden, Michael Dorn, LeVar Burton, Diana Muldaur, René Auberjonois, Nana Visitor, Alexander Siddig, Nicole deBoer, Armin Shimmerman, Tim Russ, Garrett Wang, Roxann Dawson, Connor Trineer and Dominic Keating

also some recurring actors like Jeffrey Combs, Max Grodénchik, Aron Eisenberg, Alice Krige and more...

I haven't been disappointed, more like the opposite. For example I never found Worf or Harry Kim that interesting, but Michael Dorn and Garrett Wang are such great people in RL! Actually seeing them made me love most of these people more!

Now that I've finished Stargate, I'll maybe find time to watch more DS9, after seeing these great people for real, I might have gotten even more interested.
of course now i see your footer there that says Germany which was probably there all along lol! although the contrast of the dark blue on the blue background is a little hard to read on my tablet. i did see 2 new cons in the NL for next year (Dutch comic con and Imagicon) but so far the guests are no one I've heard of and so far no Star Trek guests yet.

let's see if i can remember the Star Trek celebrities I've met at cons: Rene Auberjonois, Chase Masterson, Majel Barrett Rodenberry, Grace Lee Whitney, Nichelle Nicholls, Leonard Nimoy, William Shatner, George Takai, Walter Koenig (it was st. patrick's day weekend & my friend & i had just been to the parade. we were still wearing our beaded necklaces. we tried to give some to Walter but he wasn't very interested...was funny though lol!), James Doohan, John DeLancie, Brent Spiner, LeVar Burton, Gates McFadden (she loved my TNG painting, even posed a pic with me & the painting, said "hi Bev" to me when she first saw me cuz i was wearing my Dr. Crusher outfit, and she was kind enough to replace my autographed pic of her that i bought earlier in the day after i accidentally set it down on someone elses sticky soda and ruined it during the Q&A...she replaced it at no charge! i still would like to figure out where to write to her to thank her & send some art to her), Marina Sirtis, Michael Dorn, Johnathan Frakes, Denise Crosby (talked to her but didn't have enough $ to get her autograph), Wil Wheaton (had a nice chat with him about The Pixie's band lol!), Jerry Ryan, Roxanne Dawson, Ethan Phillips, Jennifer Lien, Robert Beltran, Robert Picardo i think that's it. hope i didn't forget any.

have not met but was at a Star Trek 4 captains dinner event with Avery Brooks and Kate Mulgrew (and Frakes & Shatner who i did meet in the past). they were on stage and not signing autographs.

have not met but waved at Garrett Wang and Robert Duncan McNeil as they came out of their trailer while i was taking the back lot tour at Paramount Studios. even though we were not allowed to talk to them or take pictures, it was almost better than any con experience since they were in uniform!!!

i like Stargate SG-1 as well but not an avid fan like Star Trek. i only started watching it when there's nothing else on tv lol! I've only seen a handful of episodes but have not been disappointed.

ok this thread has gotten off topic i see ...lets get back to the Odo/Kira appreciation lol!

Last edited by ndonri; 06-03-2014 at 08:59 PM