View Single Post
Old 06-03-2014, 12:58 PM
ndonri
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilo2207 (View Post)
If you call a 3,5 hour busride big, then I did.
I did feel lucky to have that many great people at a Con not that far away...
lol, well we are neighbors then! i moved to the Netherlands (neighbor of Germany) 5 years ago and have been searching for Star Trek cons here. the only thing I'd found till now was the Elf and Fantasy fair. I've missed going to cons so much since moving here (was lucky to get to go to 2 cons on my vacation. i used to go to comic con every 4 - 6 months in the US when i lived there. maybe you can point me in the direction of some other cons in the area? but I'll definitely try my best to get to the next fedcon! i assume it's always in Düsseldorf?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChakotaysLover (View Post)
I've never had a BAD experience meeting a Star Trek Actor...... except for William Shatner. That dude looked like he had been chugging prune juice the whole weekend and was in desperate need of a bathroom.... o_O.

I've met:

Rene, Nana, Armin, Ciroc Lofton, Avery Brooks, Kate, Robert Beltran, Garrett, Robert Duncan McNeil (Both McNeill and Garrett carded me because they didn't believe my age) Ethan Phillips, Mirina Sirtis, Michael Dorn (I accidentally feel old) Leonard Nimoy, and William Shatner.

lol aww poor guy! i met Shatner once. he was fine then but not wanting to personalize or spend much time on an individual basis. he was also at the con i was at a couple weeks ago. but i didn't bother meeting him again. I'll have to think a bit of all the other ones I've met...

i got carded at a star trek event once...it was a dinner with the 4 captains (except picard wasn't there). all my friends had been served their champagne except me & i finally had to ask for it. the server had thought i was too young but why she didn't ask me i don't know! maybe she didn't speak English because she went straight to the security guard & the guard came & asked for my id lol! one of the only times I've gotten carded.

Last edited by crazy_diamond; 06-04-2014 at 12:25 PM