View Single Post
Old 05-30-2014, 12:33 AM
Talula78
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
Well what initially rubbed me wrong, apart from his narcissism, was his comments when Beckett was questioning him and how some of them were sexual, which a lot of men do to throw women off their game by making them uncomfortable, it's happened to me, and I hate it. But I was able to really, really warm up to him. It was mostly his relationship with his daughter that did it initially, but part of it was just time.
Ah, interesting, I can see where you're coming from. I see it a little differently. I think it showed how contrasting in personality they both were & as hard as Castle tried to shake her, he couldn't. She wasn't gonna take his crap & you were given an insight into how no-nonsense a cop she really was. Castle was, at that point, just a juvenile, childish playboy trying out his many lines which typically work on the bimbos (as Beckett calls them) he's dated but it's different with this one. And that is a challenge for him & it's like a dog w/ a bone, he becomes immediately intrigued by her. The brilliant thing is seeing how one affects the other over time; Beckett takes Castle down a peg & Castle gets Beckett to loosen up a bit. Gah, I love them & love how their story plays itself out over the seasons, it's a treat to see!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
And I agree, even me being halfway through season two only, Stana has gotten a lot better. It was the same way with Catherine Bell on JAG, her tone of voice was a lot different in season two than season three, and she acknowleges it in commentary, that she was so nervous (she was the third person they got to play Harm's partner, the first lasted one episode in that role and the other the rest of the first season, Catherine Bell stuck and Mac was his partner S2-S10.) and so intimidated that she went over the top trying to sound tough and authoritative, and it took her a little while to relax into the role. I don't think Stana was exactly the same way (I think she was more 'green' than 'nervous'), but the same idea, it just took them a little while to find their groove.
Yeah, I think it was just a matter of her being a fairly green actress & finding her bearings as a character. By the end of the first season, she was fine & I fell in love with her character.
Talula78 is offline   Reply With Quote