View Single Post
Old 05-29-2014, 09:21 PM
Talula78
Fan Forum Hero

^Agreed, Nicole. I felt it was pretty strong out of the box, but since it was a mid season replacement I was always worried about its fate back when it aired. Fortunately, ABC stuck with it & it has turned out to be my favorite show on TV! I actually thought Stana was the weak link back then, as her acting felt very green to me, but she has since improved significantly, found her footing & their chemistry was & is off the charts! And that banter everyone is speaking of I fell in love with from the start.

Nicole, I'm interested when exactly you warmed up to him? Was there a certain gesture he did to make you change your mind about his character? He was a bit of a narcissist at first, but the little subtle hints he gave in the pilot clued me in that he was more than just a self-indulgent author. When he was prying, trying to guess her back story and he could tell he struck a nerve, he immediately pulled back & his face & voice changed dramatically. That, and the connection he had with his daughter & mother added a bit more depth.
Talula78 is offline   Reply With Quote