View Single Post
Old 05-20-2014, 02:09 PM
LuvinJames23
Absolute Fan

TFTNT!!

Love that pic! Makes me so excited! You know Bellarke is definitely a topic they will or have already discussed by now

I saw in the last thread there was some discussion about whether or not Bellarke was planned from the beginning. .I actually think they were. I mean, think about it. All of this first season was filmed last year with no fan reactions or feedback to encourage it. And look at all the amazing scenes we've gotten! It's quite telling IMO. I don't particularly think their intentions were to go towards full blown romance this season obviously BUT they have been developing ground work for Bellarke since the pilot. That's no coincidence. This show may have started out hinting towards Finn/Clarke and then brought Raven in but think about who has shared the more memorable scenes. The scenes with most value. Off the top of my head I can think of maybe 2 scenes with Finn/Clarke that were blatantly romantic. But as for Bellarke, they've had at least one important scene in every single episode. The episode that made me definitely stop questioning the writers' intent for Bellarke was 1x08 of course. They could've had any other characters go on this Day Trip but they chose Bellarke. And of course the gun scene was an obvious "potential romance" sign. They didn't have to have Bellamy act like that. But they did which tells me they have a plan for Bellarke in the future.

And actually Eliza and Bob are really the only ones who have expressed how surprised they are over the reaction. Jason had never really said he's surprised, he just keeps throwing in there that the show is about survival first and foremost. I think if anything, they're just surprised at how quickly fans caught on to Bellarke. Not because they weren't in the cards.

Bellamy and Clarke
{The Rebel & The Princess}