View Single Post
Old 05-10-2014, 08:26 AM
MistyMountainHop
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by msstock87 (View Post)
I do sometimes wonder how they became friends. Do you think they met in school? Or maybe she met Hyde through Eric, because Eric and Donna were neighbors.
Yeah, the latter would be my guess. "Class Picture" has young!Hyde protecting Eric from Donna, but that's not my head!canon. I take the pre-"Class Picture" info we got as canon....

Like the idea of Donna and Eric being best friends from toddler-hood, before school. Red/Kitty and Bob/Midge being good friends -- to the point of taking family vacations together, etc. So maybe Eric introduced Hyde to Donna, and Hyde's initial reaction was, "A girl? I'm not gonna play with a girl," and Eric tries to convince him Donna's more like a boy.

Upon first meeting Donna...

Hyde: She doesn't look like a boy.

Donna: What?

Eric: I didn't say she looked like a boy. She plays like one.

Hyde: Oh, yeah? [To Donna] Ever play punch-for-punch?

Donna: You mean this?

[Donna punches Hyde on the arm.]

Hyde: Ow! She can actually hit ... but can she take a hit?

Donna: Yeah.

[Hyde tries to punch Donna in the arm, but she sidesteps him and punches Hyde's other arm.

Hyde [impressed]: Forman, you were wrong. She doesn't play like a boy. She plays like a super boy. [To Donna] Wanna be friends?

Donna: Well, you did take my punches without crying, so ... [she glances quickly at Eric before looking at Hyde again] okay.