View Single Post
Old 05-06-2014, 07:24 AM
Si_Crazy
Moderator Manager

That's the problem with the writing in TO. They develop a good character/ship that has a great acceptance by the viewers and then they get lazy and just start to re-using that same type of writing for everything thinking that we will just jump on board saying "hey, if I can't have that, I might as well cheer this because it's the same with just different people" (not to mention it's like they're calling all viewers stupid)
What they don't seem to notice is that in a show where the fandom is passionate like a fantasy/sci-fi (because you honestly don't get that many crazy fans from other genres in general), the fans/viewers are pretty much obsessed with the character, scenes, lines and pretty much everything about the show. So when they repeat something, we are the first to actually notice it and get pissed about it.

As a multi-shipper, I can say that apart from any relationship Hayley related, I gave a fair chance to all of the others but since they all were just badly written or made no sense at all, it's really hard to support any of them. I mean, Klaus/Camille was the cheap version of KC; Klaus/Marcel the pathetic attempt to get the Klefan vibe; Klaus/Genevieve was pretty much Katherine/Damon all over again; Marcel/Elijah gave me Klaus/Damon vibes with the whole "you're powerful but I talk trash to you because you won't kill me" and then the reply "next time I will kill you" that never happens....
The only thing that seems to work on TO is Davina/Josh, which pretty much seems like it was an accident but actually was a friendship that made sense to happen.

Well, I diverged.... I do that when I'm ranting

Anyways.... Klefaroline... BEST thing ever, and also didn't seem like it was that planned considering they basically only had like one episode where they actually worked together
That's how you see the great things in a show, when in just one episode it's a hit... you don't need 22 episodes to make something appealing to the viewers.