View Single Post
Old 05-01-2014, 01:58 PM
airali_glo
Elite Fan

Quote:
I don't see Ivy as a movie star even if she wasn't distracted with the pregnancy
But I can see her being jelous - again - of Karen because she has success also in cinema.

Quote:
Agreed about Ivy getting more attention than Karen. It seemed odd but I think the scene at the end with Karen & Eileen showed that she did care despite her focus being elsewhere at times in the past & them not interacting as much as they could have
It would have had more sense from Derek, anyway, or maybe Julia. The thing with shows is that stuff can't really exist or be true off screen, we need to see it, otherwise it's just our thinking...and we never see Eileen caring about her, not in that way. Even at the beginning of the season Eileen seemed to talk to her only because she played Marilyn - so she was the main actress of her musical. She always seemed to care more about Ivy (like when Karen has to choose some background singers and Eileen clearly hopes for her to choose Ivy).
This was a pity, because Eileen could be a mentor for her, with all her experience and with what she tells Karen in that final scene. Karen was only a little bit older than her daughter and that was a difficult business. Eileen had heart (she wanted to produce Hit List, even) and Karen needed a motherly figure, someone who could advise her.

Quote:
Focus on her career & allow her to be big or try to be big somewhere.
Yeah. I hoped for this in S2, but she immediately met Jimmy and her career merged with the story of everyone else and it got messy.

The movie is a great chance for her: working again with Derek now would be different because she's not anymore the green girl of S1 and Derek also is not the same person. Karen now knows even more that she's a star and focusing on work would have been the best thing for her.

Quote:
(hopefully they wouldn't have had someone else there instead)
I doubt it, an "enemy" creates drama but maybe this time a different one, not again a situation like the one with Ivy.

Quote:
They might try but there was always a possibility of feelings to grow/deepen/be revealed or shown more & for Karen & Derek to get closer.
With Divy I think the shipping matters, because if you ship them you see feelings of love, too - so also the idea of them being an happy couple with their baby - but if you don't (like me) have a different opinion. Personally I doubt they could became an happy couple only because of the baby. Ok, Derek is changed a little, but I've never seen such a deep love between them anyway. Derek had different feelings towards Karen and Ivy so the relationships were different.

I agree though, the baby doesn't necesarily mean that Cartwills were impossible (I wonder what Safran thinks ). To work as a stable relationship Cartwills should have became more than the simple attraction and muse thing and starting to know each other more and deeper.

Quote:
Ivy & Ana really would have been interesting to see
They talked to each other only once! I can't really see Ivy in a Hit List like musical, though but Ana surely wouldn't be like Karen, if Ivy starts acting like a diva I think also that Ana and Ivy has a similar work experience (in terms of year in this business, I mean).

Do you think they would have brought back Dev, at some point?