View Single Post
Old 04-28-2014, 01:01 PM
miranstarr
Fan Forum Star

A new pic of Nebula:

And Stan Lee confirms he has a GoTG cameo:

Quote:
Stan Lee Says He Will Cameo in ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’

Despite claims by Stan Lee that he will not appear in “Guardians of the Galaxy,” he said Sunday at Chicago expo c2e2 that he will indeed cameo in the upcoming comicbook movie.

In responding to a fan question whether or not he would do a cameo in “Guardians of the Galaxy,” he confirmed that the joke would live on.

“I did, already,” he responded to the question at his panel. “I can’t tell you what it is, but I can tell you I do not understand what it was or why I did it. It has me with a girl — a very pretty girl — that’s all I can tell you.”

Lee’s cameos in Marvel movies, including “Captain America: The Winter Soldier,” “The Avengers,” the “Spider-Man” movies and “Iron Man” movies, have become a long-running joke in the comicbook world. Many fans were disappointed to hear him say that he would not appear in “Guardians of the Galaxy.”

Speaking to Dweebcast in January, Lee said that he would not be in “Guardians of the Galaxy” because he did not create the group.

“No, I’m afraid not,” he answered to the question of whether or not he would be in the movie. “That’s the one group I didn’t create.”

“I didn’t write ‘Guardians of the Galaxy.’ I’m not even sure who they all are. I can’t wait to see the movie.”

Lee is, however, credited with creating the character Groot with Jack Kirby and Dick Ayers, who is a member of the titular group. This could have been the determining factor in Lee deciding to appear.

“Guardians of the Galaxy” is set to hit theaters August 1.