View Single Post
Old 04-16-2014, 09:27 PM
firewall
Elite Fan

You guys, you guys, this may have been my favorite episode since 1x08 (I know I've said that before, but now I REALLY mean it. Again.) In any case, really phenomenal episode hitting on the love/duty triangle in the best way, but even MORE than that, it is the absolute perfect reversal of 1x09--as I'm positive Laura has already pointed out above me. This is Francis doing to Mary what she once did to him, putting her life above all else. Of course, if you ask me if I think him locking her in a tower is worse than her taking his crown and getting engaged to his brother, I'd have to say no, but hey, this isn't a competition, people. It's just Francis putting his wife's life above all else, including their happiness as a couple.

So, where do I start with my favorite things when this whole episode was my favorite thing?

The Francis/Bash commiserating scenes were AMAZING. I missed their relationship so much and seeing them fully moving past their differences and actually be friends again. GAH! My heart is just leaping with joy. The convo they had after the sword fight is actually what I would have chosen to write if I were writing that scene, so to put it mildly... how do you describe something that is better than perfection???

And then Bash complaining about his own marital problems to Francis.... so cute! Really, everything about Kennash was so cute. The whole wedding ring thing was very sweet, especially the end. And the kiss!

Finally, the bittersweet tale of Nostralivia. It was also just about as perfect as I could have hoped for (since I knew Yael would be leaving the show). They were DANCING at the wedding! And then sexytimes. And then... vision of her death. Of course, with the vision. Poor guy can't catch a break. The rest of it was terribly sad from the Nosty/Catherine standpoint. She robbed him of his last bit of happiness. After his loyalty toward her, and him calling her a friend... that was more heartbreaking for me than seeing him kiss Olivia goodbye and then cryyyyy. ALL THE TEARS (from me).

Yeah... that was a lot of crazy rambling, but I am just really happy. It's episodes like this that remind me why I love this show to pieces.