View Single Post
Old 04-16-2014, 06:11 PM
scorpio_chick
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGal (View Post)
Maybe this is reference to another post I am unfamiliar with, but there is nothing in the setup or writer's track record to suggest anything else. The writers have made Zelena, Regina's half sister and the discovery of her full parentage a mystery. There was already has been one public showdown, and I'm sure it foreshadowed an even larger forthcoming one.
So you think the writers have been persistent in writing a character-driven show? That they haven't allowed the plot or their own preferences hinder character integrity or the storytelling itself? If so, then we are certainly in disagreement.

As for the setup, yes a continuation of Zelena vs. Regina makes the most sense and given the setup, it certainly can happen. But I am not naive enough to think it's the *only* scenario in play. If the writers wanted to end with the Savior vs. Wicked, they certainly could, whether or not it's logical or interesting.

Quote:
Wouldn't it be a more interesting tale if Regina lost in the early rounds only to wind up victorious at the end? Isn't that a far more interesting character study and growth on how she overcomes her early loses? The setup, IMHO, is there. Regina is in the midst of a redemption arc of self discovery. Without her key identity of the Evil Queen - what kind of woman is she, shouldn't she have moments of doubts and introspection?
I agree with you here! It does make for a more interesting tale. But history has shown that the writers of this show (and many others) don't always go with the more interesting tale. That's my point.