View Single Post
Old 04-16-2014, 04:22 PM
CityGal
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio_chick (View Post)
I
Eh. The writers have already shown that they aren't above squandering the best opportunities and potential to push a certain plot/character/couple. Again, I'm not saying Regina will be sidelined. But given the setup and the writers' track record, it's certainly isn't implausible to think so.
Maybe this is reference to another post I am unfamiliar with, but there is nothing in the setup or writer's track record to suggest anything else. The writers have made Zelena, Regina's half sister and the discovery of her full parentage a mystery. There was already has been one public showdown, and I'm sure it foreshadowed an even larger forthcoming one.

Wouldn't it be a more interesting tale if Regina lost in the early rounds only to wind up victorious at the end? Isn't that a far more interesting character study and growth on how she overcomes her early loses? The setup, IMHO, is there. Regina is in the midst of a redemption arc of self discovery. Without her key identity of the Evil Queen - what kind of woman is she, shouldn't she have moments of doubts and introspection?

There still is a lot more mystery to the Wicked story to uncover. We'll just have to wait and see.