View Single Post
Old 04-15-2014, 03:35 PM
HarshBench
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillips32 (View Post)
Lol, face it, it was pretty misleading to present an interviewers projection as the game cinching "quote".

Well that puts a smile on my face because I think we can all agree on this.

Herein, I believe, lies our face-off. My face certainly got frowny when it became clear Sybil was going to be less a factor than the latter part of S1 gave us reason to believe. If I'm presuming to know what goes on behind JBF's face, she was probably less disappointed with Sybil's benching than some of us were because as previously noted, talkers were not particularly her cup of tea and the fact Sybil was given so little character development made her decision to leave pretty easy. She was already getting intriguing offers (thank you Albatross) and she would have been crazy not to go for them.

Some of us have simply maintained that given JBF's obvious star quality and the great potential of the Sybil character, her fade into the background was a missed opportunity for the show. They SHOULD have put more pressure on her abilities, instead of just putting more pressure on her middle with that dang corset. But that's us grumbling into the abyss, not her.

Great to see that stunning face, another thing we can all agree on, all over the place right now!

I know! She's been everywhere! It seems there is more promo in advance of this than there was in advance of WT, almost!

Maybe because it has been seen and assessed by a few reviewers already and they like what they see. Especially from her!

Yeah, the decision for her to leave was easy. And if she had been a more of a central character and still chosen to leave (which still might well have been the right decision, frankly) she would have taken a LOT more flack for it. See: Dan Stevens.

But I prefer seeing her associated with all these different projects, even if they don't have millions of eyes on them like DA does. I honestly don't care that it's an international hit and they're making money hand over fist and selling tons of merchandise like paper dolls and jewelry.

As a fan of JBF I a getting a lot more enjoyment out of her career as it stands now than I did when she was on the show and got little to do.

As a fan of a few of the remaining characters on the show…I just watch for them, basically.