View Single Post
Old 04-03-2014, 10:15 AM
Mysteria
Elite Fan

I did skim through the other thread, picking out exact things to comment on is far too hard at this point but I'll comment on a couple things I saw mentioned.

I had said this in another thread and got attacked for it but in the end, even if the finale wasn't what you wanted, you clearly liked the show the whole time before and regardless of the outcome you can still enjoy those episodes, it doesn't tarnish the whole series, it just means it had a crappy finale, plenty of shows in the past have suffered this same fate.

And hindsight, horrible title for the show since the end all had nothing to do with meeting her really.

Like i originally said my only full disappointment, was that they killed off the mother, did I expect it, yes, was I hoping maybe they wouldn't though, yes. So setting that aside if you look at the series as a whole, the ending makes sense even if its not the endgame everyone wanted.

The only two things I disliked about the way it went, was one, the kids. They were bored and annoyed from the start about the tale of the dead mother, which to begin with they didn't know really wouldn't be about her, so that's kinda messed up. I mean their mom is dead, they should be happy to hear stories about her. And then the very ending, they were too over the top about Ted "having the hots for Robin" Too over the top.

And a filming nitpick, they really could have filmed Ted with the kids years ago and aged him with makeup then since it was just odd to watch since clearly him and the kids were filmed at different times.

And I disliked the progression of Robin over the years, I mean they did stay true to the fact that she always remarked her career came first, but she always remained friends with everyone, and what they showed in the finale didn't show that. We know she obviously remained in contact with Ted and we know with Lily to a point just because of the episode Bad Crazy, but other than that, there's nothing to show she continues to talk to Marshall, and just because he's married to Lily doesn't mean they talk, and even though Robin/Barney always made the claim to remain friends, it seems like the divorce did indeed end that.
If you love someone you gotta make a sound
HIMYM 10 YEARS