View Single Post
Old 04-02-2014, 12:15 AM
secretk
Master Fan

Thanks for reopening the thread Jerry! As usual I vote for episodes most people won't, but hey voting is fun .

So these are the episodes I chose:

Getting to Know You
: I love Ephram and Amy moments in this episode. You know I'm not their biggest fan, but man the interactions they had in this episode were pure gold. From them studying together and Amy pinching her cheeks in front of Ephram to impress someone , to the kiss, them sleeping together and the postcards explanation. I loved everything about them in this episode.

All the Lonely People - I just felt this episode really real with the suicide story. It's not about how much I cared about Reid (I didn't), it's about the story itself. It's about young man wanting suicide and how his friends and family didn't really know what's going on. It was realistically done - from Reid and how he felt to how Ephram felt for not knowing that his roommate was that bad. This story was handled really well unlike Amy's depression. Sorry I just can't not mention this because really how Amy's family handled Amy's depression wasn't realistic. Amy's depression was realistic, but how Harold and Rose handled wasn't. Anyway back to the episode - one of the most realistic suicide attempts story that I've watched.

Foreverwood: Part 2 : Well it's the series finale so of course I would pick it. What I loved? Well first I loved Ephram/Nina talk and the way they interacted in those two final episodes. I loved drunk Amy. She was hilarious. I loved jealous Amy. She was hilarious too. I loved that finally Delia got her pony (great callback to the Pilot). And finally, but definitely not the least (it was just the tip of the iceberg) Andy/Ephram talking about Andy/Nina. Those two have gone through so much to reach the point where they would respect each other, would understand each other and would be able to communicate like two grownups. To me Everwood was first about them and them learning to accept each other the way they are and start seeing where the other is coming from and I think that in those 4 seasons they developed and learnt to do this. So I was glad that we saw them this way in the finale because to me this was the goal of the journey.