View Single Post
Old 03-21-2014, 05:30 PM
TJ72389
Loyal Fan

I try not to look too much into what Katie being in tons of BTS photos means. It could mean anything. IMO, though, I'm betting it has more to do with the hate she receives from certain shippers than anything. Like, look at the comments of the picture Stephen posted of them earlier. "We want Olicity!" "Felicity is better!" "Tell her to eat a sandwich!" "Laurel sucks!" The best way for the cast and crew to combat is to show that they support Katie. Sorry to say, but the crazy Olicity shippers are going to ruin it for all of you. This is probably just the beginning of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluv2fly (View Post)
As you are a Laurel fan, I was curious what your thoughts were if they did take Laurel to the path of evil. I saw KC in Supernatural and thought she was fantastic as Ruby. For me personally I see that type of role playing to her strengths. I was just curious, not that it's going to happen, because who knows really what the writers are thinking at this point
I'm not here for it at all and feel like the main reason people want it so bad is because it keeps her out of the Arrow Cave, tbh. And, if that's the case, there's other ways to keep her out of the cave. Just have her set-up shop in the Startling City Clock Tower and work from there.

Laurel going bad is just out of character. Since day one, and it's been true no matter what she's gone through, Laurel wants to help people. So, her suddenly being a villain makes no sense. That's not who she is.

I agree, Katie's best in that kind of role, but I don't want Laurel to be Ruby 3.0. I'm okay with her being a bit darker and rougher after he experiences, but I don't want her to be another The Huntress. I want her to still be compassionate and eager to help people, but I think she should also have a bit of an edge. They should have a little fun with her.

Instead of her being evil, they should take those members of Team Arrow that people don't want and give them to Laurel, tbh. Have her take Sin under her wings after Sara dies. Have Roy get a heroin addiction and Oliver tell him to get out. Then have Laurel help him get through it. Have Thea become Speedy and have Oliver be against it. Then have Laurel be the one who works with her so she doesn't get herself killed. Have Laurel help Helena redeem herself. That's more in-line with who Laurel is. When people are at their worst, she sees they can be better and wants to help.