View Single Post
Old 03-21-2014, 10:40 AM
clair carlyle
Passionate Fan

Here's a little review from my friend:
Quote:
Loved it! I've only seen musicals on Broadway so this was my first play and I really enjoyed it. Chris O'Dowd was definitely the huge star and I loved his portrayal of Lenny. Him and James had good chemistry. Leighton's part was definitely smaller compared to the other two leads but she has a bigger part in the second act. I thought she did a good job bringing more complexity to the role of Curley's wife since the guys speak really low of her in the entire play. I really liked her scene with Lenny at the end (not sure if you read the book so don't want to potentially spoil anything for you in case).

Anyway, I really liked the acting and it made me more emotional than I thought. You could really pick up on the major themes like friendship and dreams like they were presented in the novel.

Anywho, after the show I went to wait by the stage doors but it was legit hysteria. I got to see Chris, James, and Leighton head into their cars but they were completely mobbed by fans.

I think you'll like it! I know people don't care for this book because of it's flaws, but I still think the major themes are what make it enjoyable. Hope I'm making sense. This is probably getting tl;dr but let me know if you want to know more about anything!
And a very excited fan on instagram:
"I hope that young women aren't looking at this and thinking, 'I should model my relationships after this,' because it was so dramatic and there was some domestic violence in there that I didn't necessarily love." -- Leighton Meester