View Single Post
Old 03-19-2014, 01:59 AM
destroyer of worlds
Fan Forum Star

Well. Finally watched the episode because I just got back from my holiday.

It didn't destroy my MMFD loving soul as much as I expected, based on what I read here and other places online before watching the episode itself, but it wasn't good either.

I liked hearing things from Chloe's POV because as we all know by now, Rae's POV isn't exactly 100% accurate because she also blows certain things out of proportion and can be pretty frustratingly self absorbed at times. And it was good hearing her finally realising it. Wish she had realised it herself without having to see it from other people's eyes but maybe that has the impact of hitting her harder. Hopefully anyway. I agree that the actual truth is probably somewhere in the middle because Chloe is seeing things from her rose-coloured glasses as well ... and probably projecting some self pity in the way she was describing certain aspects of her friendship with Rae. It made me sad to see her fall into a bad path with the older guys but it also made complete sense because she feels like that's the only way she can excel at something. Anything.

But I don't really buy that she liked Finn that much, personally I just think she's the kind of person who craves attention and needs to be in a relationship probably more than other people. And because Finn is one of the few guys who isn't a complete shthead to her and actually treats her well, she likes that and fancies him, instead of having actual feelings for him. And thinking how long Finn should be single before she makes a move ... dude, that's your best mate's ex. Pretty sure that's against the sisterhood code or something.

Archie. He wasn't kidding when he said that he pretended to be asleep and let Chloe kissed him for a bit. He looked like a person playing dead while a bear was sniffing around him.

We knew it already but Finn saying that he broke up with Olivia because he can't get over Rae. The boy's in deep. Which makes me sad for him because Rae fcking doesn't deserve him right now. She didn't even acknowledge that fact or show any emotion about it when she learned that fact from reading Chloe's diary. Like WTH. The feelings feel so one-sided at the moment and I wished that instead of showing how much Finn still likes Rae, that it was shown how much she still has feelings for him. Because it sure as heck doesn't feel like that's the case right now.

YAY for Danny Two Hats going home. Awh. A sweet victory amidst the chaos.

Ugh the ending. Not much to say that hasn't already been said but as warped/fcked up as that was, I kind of get why she did why she did. She's already at the lowest point possible, she messed things up with the person who loves her for who she is, her best mate, her mother and the gang is in pieces (though I don't get why she can't talk to say Izzy, ARE THEY EVEN FRIENDS ANYMORE UGH. It seems like they are so why can't she talk to her about the heavier stuff? Izzy seems like she'd be a good listener. SMH.) and then fcking Liam poisoned her brain with all that talk about how "people can't change'. Fcking Liam. I can't believe I actually liked you at one point.

It breaks my heart to say this but it's been nothing but downhill from 2X03 onwards which I'm disappointed about and I honestly don't think it'll be realistic if everything is all nicely righted and wrapped up in the finale. I think the gang will start mending things and Rae/Finn will sort of start seeing each other (taking things slower this time around) or at least start communicating better. PLEASE let the finale be much better than the last 4 episodes.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit

Last edited by destroyer of worlds; 03-19-2014 at 02:10 AM