View Single Post
Old 03-17-2014, 12:46 PM
Cristofle
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrina (View Post)
I've read some interesting discussions on if Veronica is partly to blame for Gia's dead. What do you guys think?

When you think about it, it was kind of stupid to leave the bug on. Then again, if you start thinking about the actual plot of the movie too much, you notice a lot of things that are kind of out of place.

I'm still completely in love with the movie, but not so much with some of the details of the actual story.
I think more than leaving the bug on (which might not have been so easy to get rid of if the bug was planted in the flowers- I'm not exactly sure how that works, it doesn't seem like she can change the frequency from afar or she would have done so immediately), it was her own issues that led her to assume Gia was the mastermind, the same way she initially assumed the worst of Carrie in Mars vs. Mars. I don't think she's to blame for leaving the bug on- she had no way of knowing Cobb's neighbor was listening to that exact station, and Cobb would be able to hear Gia rat on him. That was just a quirk of fate. Ultimately, Cobb and Cobb alone is responsible for Gia's death. However, the way that she confronted Gia and assumed she herself was in no danger because Gia was clearly the mastermind...that has to do with her own assumptions of girls she doesn't particularly like, and it's very in keeping with her character.