View Single Post
Old 02-24-2014, 03:57 PM
Gaskal
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by {worshipfulness} (View Post)
That sounds so perfect Especially because it's not much different from what happened. HHr would only need subtle changes to make the romance blossom and for more readers to pick up on the chemistry. Also I loved Ron/Luna and was convinced something would happened between them because she's the type of girl who would complement him perfectly.
I've always seen Luna as the counterpart to Hermione in the books.

It's really a very interesting character dynamic. Luna's brave enough easy to get in Gryffindor. Gets put in Ravenclaw. Hermione ridiculously intellectual. Genius witch of her age. Gets put in Gryffindor.

Hermione's always the voice of logic, Luna says the most insane things ever.

I know this spills into the R/L ship but it's really a contrast to Ron's courting of Hermione. Ron's 'courting' of Luna - we'll call it that for the sake of argument - is done on a subconscious level, like Harmony. Compliments her in HBP - means it too - without thinking on it. Thinks she's funny.

They appreciate each other's humor, something he doesn't share with Hermione.

Ron might occasionally lose his head at her, but the most important part: Luna can take it, instead of arguing back or crying like Hermione would. People steal all her belongings out of spite? Asks politely for them back until her tormentors get guilt-tripped return them. Ron would get taken down several pegs and deflate immediately if he starts *****.