View Single Post
Old 02-21-2014, 09:32 AM
TL22
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelphia Kenny (View Post)
You know how much this couple angers me? They basically tore this series to shreds in order to get these two together and I can't believe everyone fell for the media circus centered around them. If ever you look at the promotional material for the series, it shows Pacey and Joey being all romantic and happy, yet in the actual series, they were miserable together. Their fights were some of the most vicious I've ever seen between a couple on a televised series and it really made me feel uncomfortable watching. I couldn't sit through most of the series when they were together.

Joey was still in love with Dawson and we saw how obvious that was when they danced together in Promicide. Not to mention to see Pacey so bereft of life and feeling so empty inside in that episode was heartbreaking and devastating considering how fulfilled we saw him in the second season.

These two never, ever should have happened. Their relationship was an abomination of bad writing, bad chemistry, sexism, and misogyny.
I agree and what really bothers me is that the writers ended Pacey/Joey at Promicide.A lot of people refuse to see that and the only reason they wound up together was a fluke. If Meredith Monroe had two or three weeks you would have had a different ending.

Ratings from season two to three dropped 1.4 million viewers per episode.