View Single Post
Old 02-20-2014, 06:41 AM
L i N d $ @ y
Moderator Manager

Lady Sybil Branson | Jessica Brown Findlay #4: She is already well on the way to becoming (a star) - NY Times

Welcome to the 3rd L a d y S y b i l / J e s s i c a B r o w n F i n d l a y Thread

[x]

Supporters:
skje
Guinevereღ
sofiab
merveille
baileycat
DUHsoTK
Tina
L i N d $ @ y
julyhsm
heimweh
mellifluouscloud
*OldHollywoodStarlet*
P&B4ever
Maité
ScarletCourt
Patano
attract your dreams ♥
eleonor
bijou156
confessor_meggy
Amy
Beebbop
Sansa
MTG11687
bless your soul
Goldenrose
Ruby_Slippers
AmericanDirrty
Static Waves
calls me home
Enora
Countess.
baelfire24
ina_am
KeepThisaSecret

Sybil Crawley

Lady Sybil P. Branson (née Crawley) (born 1897) is the youngest daughter of Robert and Cora Crawley, the Earl and Countess of Grantham. Sister of Ladies Mary and Edith, wife of Tom Branson, mother-to-be to her and Tom's first child, and future sister-in-law of Matthew Crawley.

She is the family rebel and is a very politically conscious woman who considers the lives and feelings of the underprivileged. She is removed from any family issues regarding money and inheritance. She doesn't care about her family's money, which is realistic, because due to the inheritance line she is unlikely to get much of it anyway.

Unlike the rest of her conservative family, Sybil is very political and believes in civil rights, especially votes for women. During the war, like a lot of other suffragettes, Sybil stops fighting for the vote, out of respect for the men off at war. Branson thinks this is wrong, saying that Sylvia Pankhurst was all for fighting for these rights.

After receiving notice of the death of another young man, with whom she used to dance, Sybil can no longer stand waiting around for the war to finish. After telling Isobel that she wants to do real work instead of meaningless tasks, she suggests becoming a nurse. Before she leaves, Isobel suggests that Sybil should get some basic skills like cooking and making her bed.

Sybil asks Mrs. Patmore and Daisy for help, this seems like a big task, as Sybil can't even properly fill up a kettle. Sybil leaves for training shortly after and Cora realises that this is something she needs to do. By 1917 Sybil is fully trained and feels useful for the first time in her life, saying that she could never go back to her life before the war.

Jessica Brown Findlay

Jessica is the daughter of a teacher's assistant and a financial advisor.She trained with the National Youth Ballet and the Associates of the Royal Ballet. Aged 15, she was invited to dance with the Kirov at the Royal Opera House for a summer season.

She attended Furze Platt Senior School in Maidenhead. At the end of her GCSEs, Brown Findlay was accepted to a number of ballet schools but chose to go to the Arts Educational School, because of the A-level courses it provided and its pastoral care. She attended for two years and in her second year had three operations on her ankles, the last of which went wrong. Waking up from the anaesthetic, she was told she would never dance again. She said that she always had acting in the back of her mind, but was never really able to go out and try it.[3] After encouragement from an art teacher, she applied for and got onto Tring Park School (Hertfordshire) and then onto a Fine Art course at St Martin’s. While there, she took up acting classes.

Findlay was cast in the lead role of Emelia in the film Albatross, directed by Niall MacCormick. She was subsequently cast in two episodes of the E4 programme Misfits and in Downton Abbey. She appeared in the second episode of Channel 4's Black Mirror. In 2012, she became the face of Dominic Jones' jewellery line and was cast in Not Another Happy Ending by John McKay, and in the miniseries Labyrinth, based on the novel of the same name written by Kate Mosse, portraying Alaïs Pelletier. In 2012, she was cast as Beverly Penn in a film adaptation of the novel Winter's Tale.

Jess's Website
Jessica Brown Findlay Online

Past Threads
http://www.fanforum.com/f387/lady-sy...mary-63050756/
http://www.fanforum.com/f387/lady-sy...irit-63067747/
http://www.fanforum.com/f387/lady-sy...lace-63081195/

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.