View Single Post
Old 02-11-2014, 01:28 AM
Raguoc
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedrum (View Post)
what was wrong with the editing?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbn (View Post)
Beth - care to explain what you meant with the bad editing?
Some examples:
  • The shot where Aaron is revealed dead in the trunk. The music and sound effects made it feel like it was supposed to give you a fright but the way the shot was cut didn't have that effect. I think in part, it was a bad camera set-up but I also think that the first shot of the body should have been the close-up as it would have had more of the effect that the sound implied it should have. Although it should be said that for anyone who had seen the previous episode, it was too obvious what Stefan was going to find there anyway.
  • The fight scene in the wood with Stefan and Enzo - I felt that one or two of the cuts between Stefan and Enzo were unnecessary and lost a little of the gravitas of what Stefan was saying.
  • The fight scene between Stefan and Enzo while Katherine was saving Jeremy: the music was off and when it cut to a shot of Katherine in the same room, you wouldn't have known there was a fight going on at the same time. The sound effects were off, and - this isn't editing but - the fight itself was badly choreographed and two slow for a conflict between two vampires.
  • Again, the music was off. I felt like it just didn't match up to the scenes (or perhaps matched to the effect they were supposed to have, but didn't).

I can't remember other examples right now.
Raguoc is offline   Reply With Quote