View Single Post
Old 02-05-2014, 11:12 AM
Heda_Khaleesi
Fan Forum Legend

new interview: Emilia Clarke, the Breakthrough Actress on 'Game of Thrones' - WSJ.com

some of the quotes:

Quote:
Since Clarke’s character is often alone, she has yet to share a scene with many of her costars: “We’re [often] in totally different locations. You’re at an awards show, saying ‘Lovely to meet you. We’re in a show together, apparently. You’re really good!’”

Her GOT audition went something like this: “I did the robot, followed by the funky chicken. I think it sealed the deal.”

On her insecurities during season one of GOT: “I spent season one just hoping I was doing it right.”

Clarke increasingly sees more of Dany in herself: “It’s the growth of a girl into a woman. She’s being thrown into the deep end, to see if she can sink or swim, and she decides to do it her way. It was wonderful to see a character with such humble beginnings, and such low self-esteem, beginning to trust herself. So my feelings within filming it were echoed—in a much more dramatic way, obviously.”

On her very first audition for a play in London at 10 years old: “I was learning a folk song in school about a donkey, so I decided to sing that. They said, ‘Do you know anything more current?’ I then gave them my best rendition of the Spice Girls, complete with dance moves—that’s where my musical career ended. It made me realize that I wasn’t quite ready. I think my parents were trying to give me a healthy dose of realism early on.”

Game of Thrones showrunners David Benioff and D.B. Weiss Joint Quotes
On Clarke’s sense of humor: “She’s effing funny. Does that mean we’ve written hilarious scenes for her? No. But someone should.”

On the dynamic acting skills that set Clarke apart: “We needed an actress who could convincingly embody both the timid, voiceless Dany we first meet, and the Mother of Dragons she later becomes. Only Emilia nailed both.”