View Single Post
Old 02-03-2014, 10:50 PM
GardenSirens
Fan Forum Star

I did heroin, and others, for 7 and a half years. I kicked it almost 10 years ago and still to this day struggle with it. I found myself last year in a ball on the floor crying, begging my wife to kill me. It's a never ending struggle. But, I have strong will power and a great support system in my wife so was able to kick the horrid habit. It's so easy to want to go over. I had to cut almost all my friends out of my life as they were enablers. Now, I drink maybe three times a year and have to have a cigarette to help with the edge.

I have such a heavy heart for all drug users and seeing one succumb to their addiction is a sad time. It is the wish, though, from time to time to die (I had a friend who purposely OD'd this thanksgiving). I've buried more close friends than I can count so consider myself lucky. Sadly, it takes that to realize what we're doing. Now I have better things to get me high like talking politics on twitter and here and listening to music nonstop. Never ending therapy.

I met Phillip Seymour Hoffman when he came to Detroit about 7 years ago when I actually was part of the movie industry. Only talked for about 2 minutes but he was a lovely man and very polite. Most drug addicts are A holes. I'll miss him dearly.