View Single Post
Old 01-20-2014, 10:30 PM
Nautica7mk
Dedicated Fan

I don't have a Tumblr. Even my Twitter account is never used. So I don't have to worry about narrow-minded so-called-fans throwing a hissy fit because their preferred couple and/or character fell on the wayside. lol I trust anything of relevance that comes through there will make its way here with purpose.

I'm glad that my belief in Katrina's inherent goodness remained true to the very end. On a story-telling standpoint, it'd be a major WTF scenario if she was an enemy all along.

So the show has aired and I'm of mind not to use spoiler tags.

Apparently, Jeremy's aging is a matter of great debate. He was Hexed, a spell probably a little more malevolent than Katrina's to Ichabod's. Rationalizing it, I assume it prolonged his life even as he aged. Being a servant to Moloch probably doesn't help.

Admittedly, I'm a bit floored by Henry's (right now I prefer to refer to him as Henry and not Jeremy) anger against his parents. He sanctified his father. Saw his pain and witnessed his grief over losing a child he never knew. Showed empathy in his dark moment that I'm almost considering that Jeremy is possessed in some way. Again, vengeance against the Coven that did this to him makes more sense to me than him outwardly making his parents suffer, Katrina, especially, since it was a sacrifice made out of love. Had his powers not have inadvertently killed his caretakers, Jeremy would probably have had an entirely different upbringing.