View Single Post
Old 01-18-2014, 04:51 PM
dg31
Part-Time Fan

Actually, Venetia, it can't possibly be compatible with the parent shows.

Let's take Victorious: Tori started HA in her Sophomore year (Trina states in the Pilot that Andre is a 10th grader). The Great Ping Pong Scam states that the rest of the group have been there for two years (the scam started two years ago) so by that episode they are juniors. Then we have Prom Wrecker - Junior Prom.

A Christmas Tori is set after that episode (as is April Fool's Blank) so by then they MUST be seniors and, if the timeline was consistent, would have graduated around the end of the series. The characters are 18 - QED.

From the iCarly side (and personally I think they're the same age as the HA gang so this is immaterial): Carly says she and Sam are 9th Grade girls in iKiss (Series 2). In iPilot she said she was 13, in iMake Sam Girlier Sam is 15 so we can extrapolate and say series 3 was their 10th grade and series 4 was 11th grade. iOMG has the conclusion of their major projects and so is just before Ridgeway should have broken up for the summer and ended their junior year (even though they were still at school during the arc that sank the show..?)

iHalfoween is time-stamped at the end of April (six months before Halloween) and is therefore at the back end of their senior year. QED they, too, graduate just after the show ends.

Therefore, for Sam to be sixteen in S&C means that the show can in no way, shape or form be canon-compliant with the parent shows.

Creddie IS canon. FAN-BLOODY-TASTIC!
My Fanfiction stories My Twitter
dg31 is offline   Reply With Quote