View Single Post
Old 12-21-2013, 02:18 AM
IloveJules!
Extreme Fan

Thanks for the new thread.

If I had to choose only one moment as highlight of Rachel, it would be Rachel digging up Bass' grave to save him.

After everything he did against Rachel and her family, she could simply let him die. The fact she decides to save his life because of Charlie and because they needed him to fight against the Patriots is a huge turning point for Rachel, considering she was obsessed with killing Bass at any cost, including her own life. And she is almost unstoppable when she's obsessed with something. It's hard to change/open her mind. So seeing Rachel sort of letting go of her obsession and looking at the situation around her is an important moment.

Not to mention that Rachel had complete control over the situation. She made Bass believe he is going to die. She made him suffer. She watched him die and now knows what does it feel like to kill him. In a way, she got her revenge. His fate was in her hands, which made everything ironic, poetic and full circle.

Other highlights were:

Rachel telling Charlie she loves her. I liked that Rachel took the initiative and wanted to make sure Charlie knows her mother loves her. And got to hear it from Rachel herself. After everything they've been through, it was a nice moment for Rachel.

Rachel deciding to save Gene. She almost killed her own father, so it was good to see Rachel changing her mind about Gene after he talked to her and showed he is willing to sacrifice his life to help her, even if she doesn't forgive him. Which I think she will do.